LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small fonts for icon

Hi,

I had to reinstall LabVIEW on my computer.  The code I previously did used "small fonts", size 8 for the text in the icons.  Now this font with the same version of LabVIEW 7.1 disapeared.  Why that?  Where does this font came from?

Thanks!

Patrick.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,066 Views)

Patrick,

To change the font size of text created in the icon editor, all you have to do is double-click on the font tool in the icon editor window and change the size inside of the attribute box that pops up.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,024 Views)

Hi,

that's the problem I have!  When I double click on the font tool in the icon editor, the font I used to have before (Small Font) is not in that list anymore.

Thanks,

Patrick.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Patrick,

That's very strange! One thing you can try to do is to set the default font manually even though the desired font doesn't appear in the font list. Open up the LabVIEW.ini file in Notepad (located in the same directory as LabVIEW.exe) and add the following line to the file: "IconFont="Small Fonts" 8" (exclude the outer quotes). Save the file and restart LabVIEW. If this doesn't work, then I can only assume that this is some minor corruption in LabVIEW, so if its important you, you can try uninstalling/reinstalling LabVIEW to see if that fixes your problem. Please let us know how it turns out so that others who encounter this problem will have some help!

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,983 Views)
Great!  That works.  When I type new text in an icon, it's using Small Fonts 8.  If I double click on the text tool font, I can see Small Fonts in the Font list.  However, if I click on that list, Small Fonts is not in the list.  Anyway, that's ok for me this way!  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,975 Views)