LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software based pulse generation for digital output

I want to output a digital pulse on my USB 6501. Since this hardware doesn't have a counter/timer built in, I have to use a software based apporach to generate pulses. How can I generate a digital pulse to a specific digital line given N samples, and a specific amount of high and low time (ex: 50ms).

Until now I have been using the Express VI / DAQ Assist to communicate with USB 6501. Express VI / DAQ Assist doesn't give me an option to gerenate pulses to a specic line using software timer.

Attached is my apporached to create software pulses. However, I am pretty sure my method inefficent. It would be great if someone can show me on to improve my code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,483 Views)
Hi aab,

an excellent starting point are the example VIs coming with LabVIEW. Did you examine them?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,440 Views)

Yes I looked through examples, however, I don't think I was able to find somehting

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,414 Views)

Hi aab,

in the Example Finder you can limit the shown results to your specific hardware.

So search for example VIs compatible with your USB6501 and you will see two examples for generation of DigitalOutput signals…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,405 Views)

I didn't find an example for software timed pulses at digital output. However, I modifed the example for "Digital- SW-Timed Output.vi". I modified this VI to create my own software timed pulses. It works. However, it would be great if someone can confirm if I am using the correct efficent apporach generate the software timed pulses.

See attached.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,388 Views)