LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolidWorks Import???

Hello,

I am trying to import a Solidworks model to LabView and display it, I was wondering if there is a tutorial to do this, I haven't found one.

Thanks.

--Luis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,962 Views)

Hello,

This document talks about creating a VRML file from your CAD geometry that you have prepared in solidworks. Once the VRML file is created, you can import it into LabVIEW using 3D Picture control VIs.Your other option is to use the Sensor Mapping Express VI which is present in LabVIEW 8.6 and later. Hope this helps!

-Zach

Message 2 of 3
(3,930 Views)

You may also find this free utility useful. The application uses a tree control and 3D picture control to help you build a 3D object that has joints which can move or rotate. It uses parent-child relations between elements - meaning if a tranlsation or rotaion is applied to a parent object, all the child objects connected will automatically have the same translation or rotation applied. Front panel joint controls are available for manually manipulating joints. These joint controls could also be linked to a secondary program for programatic path simulations.

Robotics Simulation Utility using 3D Picture Control

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,811 Views)