LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound output: Repeat Track and Pause

Hi,

I have to read from a .wav file and hear it from the sound card until I press a button. When the file ends, the program has to start again from the beginning of the file (as a "Repeat Track" function).

I would like to have both a Pause button (that makes me start from the last point of the file)  and a Stop button (that starts again from the beginning of the file).

The Play Wave block allows to listen again and again the .wav file but I haven't been able to stop it in any way. Instead, using the Sound Output Write block I can stop the sound but I don't know how to listen the file in the "Repeat" mode.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,715 Views)

Hi Biomed,

you can use the control called Windows Media Player, so that you can completely control the media you want to play.

Be careful because you have to enable the wave reading oin the media player: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090324123934AAyqWkM

One you've done so, you can use a property node to choose the media file you want to open and control the reproduction of it like the media player as a standalone app.

Hope it helps.

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,686 Views)