LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing data of measurements

I want to take readings from a device that gives me nibbles of data which I have to convert to decimal to work with that data. But my problem is to collect the 4 nibbles (binary) of data, I tried using Collector but it's just giving me the last value, also I tried using event structure but I got the same result.

This device runs 11 tests in succession, the result of each test this data is written to the data port (D0, D1, D2, D3) as a sequence of four, 4-bit nibbles of BCD coded data.

Additional info:

Trigger statically logic low, goes high for 20uS at start of each test (once per sequence of 11 test)

Strobe Statically logic high, goes low for 2uS when each nibble of BCD is written

D0:D3 BCD data to be captured

AlbertoRIT_0-1668022331187.png

Any suggestion of how to store the data of each test in a variable to convert it later?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(939 Views)

Hi Alberto,

do you really need so many ExpressVIs?

What's the point (and expected result) of those one-input-one-output MergeSignal nodes?

What is the expected result when you display a boolean array in a double indicator after all those conversions?

Why do you display nibbles in double floats?

What is the expected result when "collecting" those nibbles?

Is it so hard to implement basic math like 2**12*D3+2**8*D2+2**4*D0+2**0*D0 ???

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(934 Views)

Hey,

Is this what you want to accomplish? See attached VI

~Your homework is my homework ~ Hahah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(899 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Basically all redundant functions are just to have a visual reference of what I am doing (my first time working with it), I will bother to simplify after get done that "data storing" part, so no it's not really needed so many ExpressVIs but since I wanted to be 100% sure of what I was getting it's only the value that I wanted,and those merge signals where the only way that I found to show the results, nothing special there, same for the booleans.

Once getting data nibbles I will convert it to decimal to save it in a datasheet.

Right now it's not a math problem, it's the way to get some data to work with.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(889 Views)

Hi GRCK5000,

Sorry I can't open it, I have an older version. Is there a way to save as previous version to check it out?

AlbertoRIT_0-1668031597178.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(887 Views)

I saved it for previous version (19.0). Let me know if this is what you want to accomplish.

I am here to help.

~Your homework is my homework~ Hahah

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(870 Views)

Sorry GRCK5000 but it's not what I expected, your VI it's giving me an array of data even when it's not changing.

For example:

D0 = 0 1 0 1

D1 = 1 1 1 0

D2 = 0 0 1 1

D3 = 1 1 1 0

..Repeat 10 more times..

*I forgot to mention that my device has a physical button to start taking those readings

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(829 Views)