LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange References in SIT 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

Creating a source distribution for downloading dynamic VIs to a RT target we got a strange error. There was a reference to a VI in C:\Perforce\sit\trunk\src\VIs\logging\SIT Log Signal FG.vi. This VI was not found of course.

I was searching through all VIs within the SIT and found that SIT Look Up Model Signal.vi has such a strange reference.There are at least another 3 starnge references in VIs within the SIT.

This error was found on a machine without Matlab/Simulink and Realtime Workhop installed and on another machine with Matlab/Simulink and Realtime Workhop installed.

Message Edited by waldemar.hersacher on 05-04-2010 06:13 PM
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,922 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author waldemar.hersacher

Hi Waldemar

There is a CAR (Corrective Action Request) for this behaviour with the number  129326.

Only way we have to solve this is the following workaround:

Delete the code in the "SIT Server==True" case of the conditional disable diagram.
This should not be a problem if you exclude vi.lib VIs from the source distribution. 

Typically you won't need vi.lib VIs since the recipient should have LV and SIT installed.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Pixar

Message 2 of 5
(2,878 Views)

We already made this workaround.

We need to make a source distribution to download dynamically called VIs  to the LV RT target. The runtime will otherwise not find the VIs when working in development environment.

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,870 Views)

As I observed in my first post, there is a CAR for this issue and it will be fixes in the next version.

I was searching for other solutions but I didn´t find something.

Regards

Pixar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,847 Views)

Hi Waldemar,

it seems that i have a similar problem as you. If created a Driver.vi and a Driver.lvproj with the Simulation Interface Toolkit. In the Driver.lvproj, there are references to

SITs Model List.vi and SIT Log Signal FG OP.ctl. Then I looked in the SIT Look Up Model Signal.vi, where I find the strange reference. I deleted this reference in the 

SIT Look Up Model Signal.vi and in the  reference to the SIT Log Signal FG OP.ctl in the Driver.lvproj disappeared. But one strange reference is still in the Driver.lvproj. You wrote that you found three other Vis with strange references. So i want to ask, which Vis do you found?

Regards
mordred199

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,384 Views)