LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Cluster

Hello,

Thanks for your patience in answering my question.

I am walking aournd the same building (question), but haven't figured out which is the door (answer) to go inside the building.

Question:
I have 3D data put in a 2D notepad but I want to represent it as 3D in LV.

How do make the below VI into a input string (pink not orange/brown wire) so that I can log (insert) my data into MS Access? THis is the building that if I found the door, I know I can get inside and know any new rooms (questions) inside the building. But first I got to get in.  Thanks for your input and patience concerning this question.

P.S. Sorry about the analog but this problem is starting to make me a philospher. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,761 Views)

Hi,

I"m not sure that I fully understand what you want to do, so if I'm off base let me know.

Your attached VI has two numbers (slope, intercept) and you need these to be string data types, instead of numeric data types.  To do this use the conversion VIs in the string palette (string >> String/Numeric Conversion).  You will probably want to use Number to Fractional (%f) string.

Let me know if you have any questions.

J

Message 2 of 6
(2,748 Views)

Thank you, it worked. Well sorta worked.

In MS Access, the slope and intercept are given as "long binary data."

Do you have suggestions on how to get the the actual numbers as represented by my original subVI.  Does it have something to do with the variant?

Thanks again for your help and any suggestion(s).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,730 Views)
Why would you define the database fields as long binary data if you want to store floating point numbers in the field? Go back to Design View in Access and change the Field Size to Single or Double.
Message 4 of 6
(2,723 Views)

Hello,

The reason I did not do that is because I would get this error:

Error-2147467259 occured at Cmd Execute.vi->DB Tools Insert Data.vi->CreateTableInsertDataDeleteTable.vi

Possible reason(s):

Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine, Number of query values and destination fields are not the same

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,711 Views)
Well, since I don't have the database connectivity toolkit, I can't help you with that. Sorry, since you've been struggling a long while with the same issue. The only thing I can say is go over the examples that ship with the toolkit. Make sure your datatypes in LabVIEW are the same as the datatypes in the database. Make sure that the number of columns match as well. At some place in the toolkit's VI's you are going to execute a SQL statement. If you have a table called data with columns called slope and intercept and they are numeric fields, the SQL statement would be "INSERT INTO data (slope, intercept) VALUES (1.2, 3.5)". You should be able to step through your VIs to see the difference between what the code is actually generating and what it should be.
Message 6 of 6
(2,696 Views)