LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested values in advanced straight edge function

Hi!

In Ni Vision Builder there is a function called Advanced Straight Edge. In Labview, the equivalent function is called IMAQ Find Straight Edge. VBAI function has an option Suggest Values, using which, the optimal settings for edge detection are suggested automatically. I would like to use this functionality under Labview. Does anybody know, if this functionality can be used in Labview, or how is the search for optimal parameters (settings) calculated?

Kind regards,

Jernej Perhavc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,820 Views)

Hi Jernej,

For the first sight I would say that this feature is only available in Vision Builder. I will double check it though to be 100% sure, that it can not be done programatically.

But if the images will be similar during the inspection, so if you have good enough lightning installed and the conditions remain the same, suggesting a value with Vision Builder and than use the values in LabVIEW should make it.

Best regards,

David Varga

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,783 Views)

David, thanks for the reply! Your suggestion as you said would make perfect sense for consistent conditions under which the image is captured. In my application, the conditions vary a lot, since the camera is attached to a robot, which is guided by an operator. 

I captured several images (under real, expected conditions), and edge detection works really nice, if suggested values are used. If I keep the values unchanged, I get missed edge detections.

For that reason it would be perfect if I could, in my LabView application, use the same algorithm as the function in VB is using to get the optimal parameters.

Thanks

Jernej Perhavc 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,780 Views)

Hey Jerney,

I double cheked it and unfortunatelly the Suggest Values function is not available in LabVIEW environment, its only a VBAI feature. If you want something similar, you should write your own algorithms to optimize the settings for edge detection.

Sorry to say that, but this is the only solution!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

NIH 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,754 Views)