LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync multiple shift registers in while loops to sync collected data

I have a .VI that controles a scientific instrument. The top component is for a 4ch optommeter and the bottem code is for a 3ch shutter driver (one channel at a time). My code saves data by passing an open array through the different while loop with a shift register funchtion that saves the data for each iteration that the code runs.

The problem is that the optommerter loop and the shutter driver loops are running at different speeds. This results in a save file which has missmatched data and time component.

Is there a way to sync the three shutter driver loops to run at the same rate as the optommerter?

Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,587 Views)

If you want then to run at the same rate, why aren't they all in the same loop?  That would be the simplest way to do this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,573 Views)

The shutter driver code is part of what was provided by the manufacturer with some slight modiffication. The while loop is sorounded by a case structure that is important for the steady state unction of the shutter. That is why it is not as easy to simply copy and past the code into the primary while loop i have my optometer running in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,558 Views)