LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation Between Multiple VI

Hello

I've Just started with Labview to develop a Test Software for one of our Instrument.
I've written a VI that take care of the user interface and start the Test VI
This Test run in parallel:
- the vi's that analyse inputs
- the vi's controlling value constantly (in order to switch off the power if problems occurs)
- the vi's that acquire input and generate outputs (used looped within software for simulation purposes )

The vi's that analyse my inputs are requesting signal generation for the output using shared variables.
It appears the time delay between setting the shared variable and the start of the signal generation is random and can take a second or more.
Thus creating problem of analysing signals that don't exist, the signal generation having not occured yet.

I'd like to make sure that these few task are not in the same thread and independant from each other (the thread denomination in the properties are really obscured, i understand the priorities but "i/o, acquisition or other" denomination are obscure. it doesn't not tell me if they are different threads or type of thread or if each Vi has its own thread)
i also would like to find the best way to synchronise my signal generation such as it starts generating when it is required to do so (at least not randomly) 

Could you send me links to VI samples that i could Study  and send me link to interesting literature?

Thanks loads for your Time

Olivier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,673 Views)
Hi Oliver, there are several tools to achive this like notifiers or semaphores, you may find the following links usefull:
Check the links at the botom of the first link also)
Best Regards
Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
Message 2 of 5
(2,645 Views)
Thanks loads
 It is really helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,631 Views)
Dear sir,
       I have attached the fig,In the figure  you can see the 6 diferents mechanical actions available for LabVIEW, however for the VIs that are going to be embedded the only 4 supported are
the first two colums. If you use one of the two in the last colum
n you will get the warning message when trying to download the application.
    This is my doubt.why NI Restrict these two mechanical action ,it cannot be downloaded into RT.  Why these two mechanical actions are not supported .......I want to know the details with the RT behaviour.........  

I want to know the reason.........with full Technical details..........
can u pls help me and send some more information...............with turorials...

Thanks
jayanthi.k
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,490 Views)
Hi,
Please read the this.
Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,448 Views)