LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous AI in warp mode

Hi!

Obviously I was posting this in the wrong sub-forum, so I'll try it here:

I am using a PCI 6120 under LabVIEW 8.2, my DAQmx-Driver-Version is 9.1.1, I have saved the warp_mode.dll from LabVIEW11 for 8.2 and it works correctly.

I want to know, if and how I can handle multiple AI and AO in warp mode.

(What I need to do is, handling one AO (voltage) and two AI (also voltage) under warp mode.)

I have two problems:

1) the output starts way earlier than the input (obviously...) and exporting the AI/StartTrigger just won't solve my problem, because I still need to configure and start my counter for implicit timing

2) can two AI work with the same counter as timebase if I use implicit timing?

Greetings and thanks in advance for the help,

Eliza

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,225 Views)

If I need to supply additional information, please tell me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,185 Views)

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do.  Let me try to outline it and you can correct me:

1.  You want to read two analog inputs while simultaneously generating an analog output.

2.  You want to use the counter as your clock source for both operations.

3.  You want the AI and AO to be synchronized.

Is that right?

You can certainly read multiple AI channels simultaneously.  Just add both channels to your task (i.e. "Dev1/ai0:1" will read channels AI0 and AI1) and use the "N Chan N Samp" DAQmx Read.

If you want to use a counter as your clock source, then you need to configure the counter and start it before you start your other tasks.  Right now you're starting your analog task before you've configured the counter, but you're trying to use the counter as the clock source for that task.  That doesn't make sense.

If you want the AI and the AO to be synchronized, then you will have to use the same clock source for both.  Right now you are using different clock sources for your AI and AO, so they won't be synchronized regardless of what you do.

Some other stuff:

Your block diagram is tough to read.  Keep all the error wires going in one direction...left to right.

Eliminate unnecessary wire bends.  That helps a lot with readability.

I've attached a VI which simultaneously runs a digital input task with a digital output task, using a counter as the clock source for both operations so they're synchronized (pattern generation).  It should help you with your task setup.  "Run DIO Tasks" uses the "Get Terminal and Prefix" to configure the counter source name for use by the "Sample Clock" VI.

Hope this gets you started!  If I have misinterpreted what you are trying to do, please tell me and we'll go from there.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,171 Views)

You are right on points 1 to 3. I can read the labviewfiles you supplied later today, when I have access to a PC with labview 11. Thanks anyway for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,161 Views)