LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS file corrupted with error -2507

Hi,

I have a TDMS file generated with LabVIEW 2014 SP1 executable running on a Windows7 PC.  It is corrupted, and when trying to open it with the Excel add-on, generates error -2507 (Invalid ObjectID).

Can someone at NI please unscramble the file?  I can upload to NI ftp site when required.

thanks,

Neville.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,310 Views)

Hi there!

Usually that error indicates corruption due to a non-Latin character in the file (often the index channel). Would it be possible to attach the TDMS file here? Based on previous forum posts, deleting the *.tdms_index file can occasionally work as well. 

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,270 Views)

Hi Claire,

I tried opening with no index file, but that did not work.  Attached is the corrupted file.

thanks,

N.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,265 Views)

TDMS files are written in chunks, and in most cases when a file gets corrupted it is the last chunk in the file that is messed up.  You can follow my instructions posted here on how to open the file in a hex editor, and manually delete the last chunk.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,255 Views)

Thanks Hooovah, 

tried your detailed instructions on deleting the last segment of data but the error still persists. 

From the forums, looks like 2507 is related to some non-std. character in the file, which might be a possibility in my case since the PC that generated it might have had locale=Canada, and even though we don't use the French Keyboard with its additional characters, might be a possible cause of the current issue.

Cheers,

N.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,191 Views)