LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS file viewer is not showing all channels

Hiya,

My personal tutor suggested that I should put a message on forums as we couldn't find the solutions.

We've created TDMS write and read vis where in TDMS write, some emulated data is streamed into TDMS write file via queues. As in attached VIs, there are only six channels but we might be having more than 20 to show on TDMS file viewer.

So the problem is when we run the TDMS write vi, trigger it with horizontal toogle on front panel, stop the TDMS write and go back to view the file on TDMS read, only the first channel data shows up. Also, we couldn't find the better way to stop the TDMS write vi than to abort it.

Could anybody help us please!

Ta

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,369 Views)

I'm afraid the problem is not in TDMS, maybe it's in your own code. Although you wired 6 channels as the channel names input and a 2D array as data for TDMS Write, the real data you stream is always actually 1D, that would be treated as only 1 channel in TDMS, it's the reason why you have only 1 channel in TDMS File Viewer.

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,361 Views)

About the problemous stop, I advice you to run your code with 'Execution Highligting' on.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,356 Views)