cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello !!

I had recently start using LV. I am facing problem using Tab control. I am not able to Switch between tabs in code by using two button i.e next page and back page. i had use property node to do so kindly advise me what method should i use for that purpose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,791 Views)

Please post your VI.

It is hard to help you figure out what you did wrong when we can't see what you did!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,785 Views)

Create a value change event for the Next button.

Increment the tab control value by 1 when the button is pressed.

Repeat for the previous button but instead decrement the tab control value by 1.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 9
(3,752 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Repeat for the previous button but instead decrement the tab control value by 1.

Spoiler
Why does that reply invoke an image of someone developing in LV on a machine with no monitor?

Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,744 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Why re-invent the wheel? Especially, Tab Control  (they have enough problems already without messing with property value changes)

Just use the increment / Decrement arrows supplied

Capture1.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,727 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saqib51

Adding a winky face doesn't make the pain go away.  I've been withoXt a monitor for a while now and I was starting to come to grips with the fact that I woXld never have a monitor to develop LV applications bXt yoXr winky face broXght back all those bad feelings and emotions. 

I tried to pXt my award winning reply into VI format.  I apologize if my wires are not straight and blocks are overlapping.  I tried to find the Clean Diagram bXtton bXt I coXldn't see anything and someone has strangely disabled my X key (the one between Y and I on the keyboard) so I can't Xse the keyboard shortcXt. 

I see that Jeff is joining this conversation now.  We all know that he hates tab controls.  Hope this thread doesn't end Xp like the last one.

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 6 of 9
(3,722 Views)

Alt+0117 "u" or Alt+0085 "U" would make that Reply a bXnch easier to read Tools>>Options Menu Shortcuts : Edit>Cleanup Selection will let you use another key combo for Ctrl+U and make the diagram a bXnch easier too (if you can't find the broom icon or the Edit Menu):smileywink:

Spoiler
Oh! that winky face has to sting

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,714 Views)

Yep, this thread has successfully been hijacked.  (winky face)

Sorry to the OP. 

aputman
------------------
Message 8 of 9
(3,701 Views)

Thankx for reply. I had finished by using property node. But thus solution is simple and easy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,653 Views)