LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text loses formating after drag/drop in Multicolumn Listbox

I just noticed today that on a multicolum listbox when you format the text of a cell (i.e. color, size, font, etc.), then drag (must have "Allow Dragging", "Allow Dropping", and "Move Only" selected) that row to a different spot on the listbox (when VI running), it loses the formating. Is this a bug or expected behavior? Anyone know a work around? I guess I could look for the drag and drop events, get the new row to be dragged to and change the formatting, it just seems like more work than should be necessary.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,424 Views)

Interesting...

I am using V8.5, got the same results. I don't see anything to allow you to keep format, so it looks like you might have to do it the hard way. You could also check the .NET controls to see if they let you keep formatting...if that's an option.

Use the rating system, otherwise its useless; and please don't forget to tip your waiters!
using LV 2010 SP 1, Windows 7

I'm using LV2010 and seeing the same behavior.  What's the most efficient way around this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,143 Views)

Fill,

I do believe this is expected behaviour. You may be able to find information regarding configuring the .NET object to carry formatting over here: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.listbox.multicolumn.aspx

Furthermore, you may be able to manually do this by having a script take in the properties then automatically replace the destination cell's, but this would be a relatively difficult, inefficient, brute force method. 

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,127 Views)