LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The VI is not executable problem

I have an application that worked fine with 32b edition. Now I switched to 64b edition (both are 2015SP1) and running the exe on the development machine gives me the infamous "The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors" error message. The application runs just fine in development environment.

I'm using 64b LabVIEW 2015SP1 f10 on Windows 10. I have the latest .NET framework (v4.0.30319) and the problem occurs on the development host. The application does not use any hardware. Part of the code is in packed libraries, but they also have been compiled again with the 64b version.

I've tried:

- Mass compile (no errors)

- "Disconnect type definitions"

- Debugger, I get "Fatal error occurred during operation, closing connection". So can't really debug.

- Creating a new Application exe definition with the same main VI (same happens)

- Creating a simple application exe to test that running executable works in general (it works)

- Creating a simplified application including calls to all packed libraries (it works)

So now I'm running out of ideas. What could I still use to identify the problem?

LV 2015SP1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,094 Views)

You have to find out what is the exact cause of the problem.

IIRC, that exe error provides a path to a VI that's broken. If not, press the broken run arrow to get a dialog with hopefully more details.

Do you have any dlls (not .net dlls, but regular)? Those would need to be recompiled as well.

You can make an empty exe that works, try adding stuff until it stops working. Or take the original exe, and disable stuff until it starts working. It doesn't need to do anything useful, just check if it will run. Eliminate until you can deduct the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,075 Views)