LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best way to simulate LabVIEW to SCPI parser (host)

I have a project that simulate the LabVIEW to command parser (example SCPI) via TCP/IP.

Including two ways communication between host (LabVIEW) and client (LabVIEW, C++, C#,...) .

It's look like an instrument that support SCPI.

What is the best LabVIEW achitecture or tool for delvelop above requirements?

Thank you.

PS. Sorry for my little English.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,412 Views)

Just to clarify,

Are you looking to develop a LabVIEW code which will simulate SCPI command instrument hardware?

Message 2 of 7
(4,367 Views)

I would use 3 different loops: TCP/IP Read, TCP/IP Write, and general processing.  Use queues to send data between the loops.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,337 Views)

Just to clarify,

Are you looking to develop a LabVIEW code which will simulate SCPI command instrument hardware?

I'm not the OP but I found this post because I have a similar project in mind where I want a piece of LabVIEW code to simulate a SCPI device.  This includes paring incomming SCPI commands and performing actions upon it and sending back proper responses (to be defined by me.)  

What is available out there for this, if anything?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,068 Views)

There are several TCP example VI’s that ship with LabVIEW if you are interested in taking a look at those. You might be able to simulate your desired functionality that way. If you navigate to Help, Find Examples, and double-click on the Networking folder you will see the TCP and UDP example VI’s. 

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,034 Views)

I was hoping there was an open source implementation of a SCPI Command Parser writtin in LabVIEW much like this 'C' implementation https://github.com/j123b567/scpi-parser

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,026 Views)
No, I've never seen a LabVIEW implementation. You could build a dll from the code and call that in LabVIEW.

I'm curious why you need to simulate an instrument. The IVI drivers have built-in simulation. Would that work for you?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,008 Views)