LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle switch with dialog box

Hello, everyone, I would like to make two toggle switches, one is TO static ON/OFF, another is TT static ON/TT dynamic ON, both switches is selected at switch when pressed. I make the condition is that one can control another toggle switch which is when turning TO static ON, TT static will also ON, when turning TO static OFF, TT dynamic will on. Vice versa (when turn TT static ON, TO static will be ON, when turn to TT dynamic, TT static will OFF). However, I would like to make a pop-up message when I make TO static OFF (or make TT dynamic ON) to let me confirm the action. Attached is the test VI. Thanks for the help. 

Xiao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,969 Views)

First thing: eliminate you race conditions by getting rid of the local variables.

(Will have a look at the rest later. My head spins trying to read your description)

"Something" OR "NOT something" OR "something else" is always TRUE, right?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,951 Views)

Hard to explain, run the code you will understand. When it's running, the two case structure is always false. If I put the dialog pop-up inside it, it won't disappear when I click OK or Cancel, I want to have switch when pressed mechanism, but I do not want to insert the stop 2 button. Thank you, dude. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,944 Views)

I don't understand what you are trying to do here.

Explain what the end game is, that is what is this part of the program really going to do in your main program, not just change a control and pop-up a dialog.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,916 Views)

Sorry, the main loop is way complicated to explain here, it's just a control of three data collection mode, I managed to do that with a shift register to check the value of the previous iteration and current value, if previous value is true and current value is false, then pop-up the message, if not, no action. Thank you. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,911 Views)

Look up "event structure" in the examples, it might help. Also, if you OR a value and the negated version of that value, the output is always going to be True.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,883 Views)