LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch keyboard (Windows 8)

Hi,

i write a application in Labview 2014 for a Windows 8 tablet. But in every control (text, number) the windows8 touch keyboard does not show.
Is there a way to show the window8-touch.keyboard or is there a function in labview?

Thanks

Patrick B.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,411 Views)

Hi pba,

you can detect mouseclick events on your controls and call the touch keyboard app (osk.exe) programmatically…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,395 Views)

GerdW,

I am also interested in calling WIN 8 on screen keyboard, but I'm finding the osk.exe is different then the actual touch keyboard that slides up from bottom. Whether it's the surface pro or a laptop all WIN 8 has a touch keyboard that slides from bottom of screen. So far I've had little luck trying to find the answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chazzzmd

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,206 Views)

is this the one you are looking for?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\TabTip.exe

I don't have a touchscreen, but when I open this file, I have a tool on the task bar as well, which is called touch keyboard, and looks quite like the ones in screenshots (and actually open just by calling "tabtip" in run)

Picard,

Yes, that's the one. I actually found it later that evening. I was aware of the application name just not the location. Once I found it, works like a charm.

Thanks for the solution.

Chazzzmd

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,132 Views)