cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition traditional daq to daqmx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

Hope you are doing well, i have a project for migrating from pxi controller with module (PXI-6031E) to crio-9045 controller with module NI-9403(DIO). 

I read the https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/06/transition-from-traditional-ni-daq--lega... but i'm still  getting stucked.

I attach two image one with traditional daq and second one is the upgrade from traditional daq

the first image : i attached the main program (number1) with subprogram, first, On the block SetAcqChannel(number2) We configure our DIO if it's DI or DO and we create our DigitalChannel and DIO-LineConfig then we initialize DIO in onther subprogram number(3) and detail of DIO Initialize (number4).

the second image: is the same as the forst one expect that i tried to update this section but on (number3) i cannot connect my digitalchannel and dio-line config anymore to the DIO Initialize. Idk how to deal with that, anyone have any suggestion to solve the problem?

I tried to call technical support of NI but they said they cannot help to solve this kind of probelm 

regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(240 Views)

There are no image attachments.  Please try posting them again...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(222 Views)

Thank you , i just added the attachement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RF1

Well, you have all the Traditional DAQ code hidden inside SubVIs so we still can't tell what you are doing.  The big difference between Trad DAQ and DAQmx is that Trad passes a reference to a device around and DAQmx abstracts that into a "task" and passes a reference to that.  This makes it almost impossible to simply wire old (trad) code into DAQmx.  You need to determine exactly what your old code is doing and re-write it with DAQmx.  You will find that DAQmx is actually much simpler to code once you set up your task(s).

Can you post you actual code?  Also tell us about your hardware.  It looks like a Real-Time PXI chassis?  You may be limited by old hardware when upgrading to DAQmx.  Is upgrading it possible for you?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(198 Views)

If the hardware is as old as legacy Daq suggests you need to double check which DAQmx you can use since very old HW is removed from the drivers.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(146 Views)