LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial vs. Full version of LabView

I am preparing to test Labview version 2009 for use on our Air Force networks on behalf of an Air Force customer.  I have a few questions concerning the 30 day trial version available for download. 1.     Is the 30 day trial version of LabView 100% of the functionality as in the fully licensed version (except for the time limitation obviously)?2.    Are all the modules in the trial have 100% of the functionality as the full, licensed version? I've been burned too many times testing trial versions only to find they were in fact not 100% the same as the final, licensed version.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,352 Views)
The Evaluation version of LabVIEW is equivalent to the Professional Development System apart from the time constraint. Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 7
(7,333 Views)
Except for the Application Builder the functionality of LabVIEW 2009 trial is the same as the normal version. You simple can't make executable files.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,331 Views)

The LabVIEW Evaluation is of LabVIEW Professional Development System and has 100% of the functionality of the licensed version except for the watermark that is applied to your front panels and locking the block diagrams of functionality not included in the LabVIEW Base Development package (you can still use those functions, you just can't see how they are implemented 'under-the-hood' like you can in the licensed version).

Limitations of the LabVIEW Evaluation Version 

About LabVIEW Evaluation and Activation 

Any code you write in the evaluation version will continue to work in the activated version (the only consideration here would be to ensure you activate the correct development system and modules to cover the features you are using).

Regards,

SimonH

LabVIEW Product Manager 

Message 4 of 7
(7,329 Views)

I'm currently evalulating LabVIEW 2009.  I'm curious to know, how does one evaluate Application Builder, if it doesn't make executable files.

Seriously, does it build some kind of application that is non-executable? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,958 Views)
What part of Simon's answer did you not understand? The application builder is fully functional.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,941 Views)
Main difference is that the executable will have a watermark to indicate it was created using a trial version. A very large watermark. A very large watermark that you cannot delete.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,920 Views)