LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Value Change Event of String Control over VI Server

I'm having problems triggering a Value Change event over VI server. 

My setup is as follows:

PC#1 - Running a LV8.5 Compiled Executable, Contains running VI with string control labelled "Command". Upon a 'value change' event of "Command" a sequence of code is run.... lets just call that arbitrary stuff "Command Handling".

PC#2 - LV2010 Development System. Running VI that uses VI server to access the application on PC#1 and its associated control.

This VI opens the application reference, then accesses the running VI, uses panel property, then controls array, and accesses string control labelled "Command". 

When I write to the Value(signalling) property, on PC#2, only the value of the control is updated on the VI running on PC#1, but the associated event is not triggered and the "Command Handling" sequence does not happen.

All other functions using VI server between these two systems seem to run as expected (so far). I am not handling any errors, and no errors are generated.

Any thoughts as to why or what I could do differently to get the event to trigger on PC#1's VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,237 Views)

Nevermind... I'm mistaken on part of this, and am now looking as to how to remove the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,226 Views)