LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two tables on the same line in an HTML report

Hello Guys,

I want put two tables in the same line in an HTML report. I'm using the standard Report Generation comes with LV8.0. I know, it looked a weird questionSmiley Indifferent, and one might say, why don't use one table having double the number of columns. That is true, but the reason I want two tables instead of one is, I want the text in the first  and third columns in the table to be bold, and the rest columns should be with normal text. I thought the only way to do that is to separate the table into two Smiley Tongue, so I would have two row headers which can be bold. But when I appended two tables into my HTML report, they appear one above other not beside each other !!. Any suggestion to help me would be appreciated.  

cheers and thanks

Mike

Message Edited by q123456789 on 03-04-2007 06:51 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,599 Views)

Hi Mike,

@q123456789 wrote:
I want put two tables in the same line in an HTML report....

The trick is to create a table with two cells in the first/only row, then nest your first table in the first cell and nest the second table in the second cell.  The syntax would look like this:

<table><tr>

<td><table>you're first table detail</table></td>

<td><table>you're second table detail</table></td>

</tr></table>

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,587 Views)

Hello tbd and thanks for the help.

Actually I don't have much knowledge about the HTML scripts. When you said in the script : you're first table detail . How the table details can be added as they are obtained from a  2D Array calculated in different VI.

Could you please explain more

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,581 Views)

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I should have realized you were using LabVIEW's HTML VIs - and it doesn't look like they provide for Table "Nesting" (at least through 7.1)! Smiley Sad

Here's a couple of VIs that might help you out.  Util.HTML.Table builds the HTML for a table.  SideBySide.vi uses this Util to embed two tables into an HTML Report. Smiley Happy

I whipped these up just for you - so they may need "polishing".  Should you need to fine-tune the table-appearance, I'm afraid you're on your own, though there's lots of help on the web.  Don't worry, HTML is pretty easy - and you'll find a nice HTML resource here

Cheers!

Message Edited by tbd on 03-05-2007 12:47 AM

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,575 Views)

Thanks tbd,

That was very helpful. I really do appreciate your help.

All the best

MikeSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)