LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP- recovering from timeout-no response or answer

Hello all , I have written a labview application that sends out write and read commands to a unit under test via UDP  communication. The program works great but when the unit under test doesnt respond back the udp read function times out and my program bombs out from that point on because all further udp writes and reads simply wont work anymore.   

My basic labview question is how can I make my program continue - go onto the next UDP write -read when the previous read has timed out because its gotten no answer back  from my unit under test ? 

Thanks,  John
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,728 Views)
It sounds like you need to evaluate the error code returned from the UDP Read function. If it is 56, then the read "timed out". In your case this is not an error, so you would filter for it.

There is a VI  (examples\comm\UDP.llb\no timeout error.vi)  that will do this for you. Smiley Happy

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 5
(4,726 Views)
 Thanks Phillip , I did end up looking for an error 56 and the program works great now......thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,644 Views)

Hi. About that example, where can i find it? I'm having that problem but using SMTP protocols, the error comes up with the block "Send". 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,726 Views)

This is my block diagram 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,723 Views)