LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Database in NXG 2.0 and 2.1??!

Hi, 

Is there a way to connect with a any database on NXG 2.0 2.1, or another solution to store the data and retrieve it.?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,876 Views)

Hello imadouino,

According to the Software Compatibility tab on page Compare LabVIEW 2018 and LabVIEW NXG, the LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit is currently not available for NXG 2.1. There are of course other ways to implement this from NXG (e.g. calling a database client through command line or using an external dll).

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,562 Views)

I know NI doesn't market it as such, but NXG is far from mature.  I would say it's barely even a toddler.  (I do like the direction the toddler is stumbling, though.)  You'd be best served using "Classic" LabVIEW as your main and developing an NXG version in parallel (if at all).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,556 Views)

P.S.: NXG supports TCP communication as well, so in case you need it urgently, you can of course implement communication with an SQL server at this low level.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,540 Views)

Why would you include [Urgent] without a contact to your accounts payable department?

Or, is it really not so urgent?   The larger the problem is...the more digits in my $/hr compensation. 

That is free advice.   If you truly have an urgent need....please contact me;)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,532 Views)