LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to increase row index on a table

Many thanks devchander,

I have checked your VI and indeed it does display the data in different rows, the only problem I have is that the data that at the moment i have in a file should eventually be coming from an instrument connected to the computer. For the time being, dispatch (of the Quintox) has been delayed so I have been trying to make the program using a sample data file read and sent to the COM1 port. My VI in turn should read the data from the COM2 port (I'm using a NULL modem) and display some of the columns read by the sensor. That is the reason I have to be able to read the data from the COM2 port. Now, it seems that the behaviour of the VI is different when it reads data from a file than when data is read from the COM port. In your experience with LabVIEW, is this correct? Is there any way around it? Sometimes I think I'm just trying to do something that LabVIEW cannot do.

Thanks for your efforts in helping me. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(431 Views)
Could the problem be in the way I'm sending the data to the COM port?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(428 Views)

Hi Eduardo,

In your COM1seria write.vi, you have enabled termination character recognition and set it as line feed constant.

so, a suitable interpretation after VISA read should work.

And i admit that in my limited experience with VISA,  i have not experienced such a problem,.

It has worked for me once i enable termination char and set it.

I came across this discussion posterd earlier in this forum just read it and see if it can help you.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=30917&requireLogin=False

Do a check on com write part if the data is being written in proper format

regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(406 Views)

Many thanks for your advice and help devchander.

Since I'm still unable to sort the problem out, I decided to dedicate some time to build some extra functionality in the VI (like doing something with the acquired data...)

I'll come back to the problem later on...

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(397 Views)