LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall LabVIEW without uninstalling all my compiled applications

Since NI inflicted the NI-Package manager on us life has not been good.

I can't upgrade my main development ATE station to to LabVIEW 2020 because Ni Package manager cant uninstall some older version of something or other. (It doesn't say exactly what the problem is, just that it can't uninstall package 67b28cdf-799f-blah-blah-blah)

So I decided, fine I will manually uninstall LabVIEW 2019 and start "clean".

But the Ni-Package manager will not uninstall LabVIEW 2019 unless I also allow it to uninstall every single COMPILED LabVIEW application on the computer!

Why do I have to uninstall every compiled executable when I uninstall the LabVIEW development environment? 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,100 Views)

Good Grief!  My first instinct would be to log a Support Request with NI, as this should not (really) be happening!  If that fails (or seems impossible), coy your compiled applications to a USB Drive, then do the uninstall/reinstall.  Your compiled applications will probably want to have the LabVIEW Run Time environment in order to really run, but when you re-install LabVIEW 2019, it should put these back.

I notice you make reference to an ATE Station.  I don't know what that is -- is there a possibility this "environment" is making your life so problematic (with loads of help from NI, of course)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,064 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

My first instinct would be to log a Support Request with NI, as this should not (really) be happening!  

I notice you make reference to an ATE Station.  I don't know what that is -- is there a possibility this "environment" is making your life so problematic (with loads of help from NI, of course)?

Bob Schor

ATE is Automated Test Equipment, that's our test racks. But it uses an off the shelf Dell computer still running Windows 7.

I actually have a trouble ticket in on the NI Package Manager not being able to update. But I was distracted by the error message referring to "Check your internet connection" when the OFFLINE installer fails. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,039 Views)

I think someone at NI used "Check your Internet connection" as the default Error Message, as "We have no idea what went wrong, but we're hoping one of these days to get our act (and our software) together".  The Good News is that NIPM is way better than it was a year ago, and way WAY better than it was when it was first released.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,033 Views)