LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling NI Labview Run-Time Engine 7.1.1

I'm trying to uninstall NI Labview Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 but keep running into an issue where the uninstall wizard won't let me uninstall and throws an error. I've attached pictures of the uninstall wizard and the errors to this post. I've tried repairing and reinstalling the Run-Time engine but nothing seems to make these errors go away. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this issue?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,363 Views)

little question... are you admin?

Since you are using only the run-time engine, you can delete the folder NI and clean all registry input with National instruments. (crazy work...)

Benoit

Message 2 of 9
(3,326 Views)

Hi Benoit,

I am admin on the computer I'm working on. Do you know where in the registry I will need to clean?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,304 Views)

After you delete the NI folder, you could just run e.g. the free CCleaner to remove all orphan entries from the registry.

Message 4 of 9
(3,301 Views)

I'll give that a shot, thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,297 Views)

@k-waris wrote: 
Apparently Microsoft employees use it to maintain their PC! I personally haven't found a better tool yet! Its just beautiful! lol

Linking to questionable software (free to detect problems, pay to fix them) with  dubious quotes (I doubt MS employees are free to install stuff like that on their work computer unless it is an airgapped, quarantined system) and an abundance of exclamation marks could be considered spam.

This thread is about a very specific uninstall problem, not "PC maintenance" (whatever that buzzterm even means). Just MHO.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,266 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@k-waris wrote: 
Apparently Microsoft employees use it to maintain their PC! I personally haven't found a better tool yet! Its just beautiful! lol

Linking to questionable software (free to detect problems, pay to fix them) with  dubious quotes (I doubt MS employees are free to install stuff like that on their work computer unless it is an airgapped, quarantined system) and an abundance of exclamation marks could be considered spam.

This thread is about a very specific uninstall problem, not "PC maintenance" (whatever that buzzterm even means). Just MHO.

I don't know why you didn't mark as spam immitiatly like I did before noticing your reply.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,262 Views)

Because this was from a lontime user with clean posts in the past. Not some random new user.

Message 8 of 9
(3,259 Views)

Well, maybe it will get unblocked after review.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,255 Views)