LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to labview 2021

I am at a university and use Labview on Windows desktops in a research lab setting. Yesterday I upgraded one of the machines from Labview 2018 to Labview 2021 and compatible OPC UA Toolkit. The plan was to run a vi, which I developed on a different machine using Labview 2020, on the machine with the newly installed Labview 2021. I got several errors related to OPC and the RS232 parameter/drivers. 

- Several fails searching for C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Labview 2021\resource\XSFP

- Several errors related XON and XOFF: Type definition 'XON char' not found or contains error. Apparently these are not supported by RS232 library.

I was hoping that the upgrade would be straightforward, but to the contrary. Hope you are able to help. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(717 Views)

I was going to look at my system, which has LabVIEW 2019 and LabVIEW 2021, but I don't know what toolkits are associated with either OPC UA Toolkit or what XSFP means (I tried to "Ask Google", and got no meaningful response).  If all else fails, you can always install LabVIEW 2020, I suppose, though you might want to consider doing a "Complete Uninstall of LabVIEW" followed by an "Install of LabVIEW 2020" (do a trial run on a spare PC, or on a VM first).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(698 Views)

I don't have the toolkit but just as a quick check, did you make sure that both LabVIEW and the toolkit download you did matched the bit-ness of the original code development?  All 32 bit or all 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(660 Views)