LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload files to shared folder from CompactRio

Deal all, 

I have a stand alone CopmactRio 9024 doing data logging indepently. It will save the measurements as a TDMS file. I don't know how to upload it to a shared folder (a locally shared network drive such as \\123.4.123.123\data logging, user name and password required to access the folder).

the network drive is not a FTP server, so I cannot use FTP funtions. Becuase it is not connected to the computer, a simple copy function also did not work. I don't know what other function I could use to make it possible.  I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,985 Views)

Hi iamnewhere,

I see that you already have started a thread on a topic similar to this question here. If you have a host computer on the same network as your cRIO, I would recommend using Network Streams or TCP/UDP to transfer your data to this PC and log the data. Then the file can be saved to the network drive. 

Another option would be to configure a host computer on the network to be an FTP client and FTP the TDMS file generated on the cRIO to the host PC and then save the file to the network drive.

Regards,

Jordan G.

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,929 Views)

Dear Jodan,

thank you so much for your reply!!

I tried the second option, but i was not able to make a shared folder as a FTP server. It gave me an error and  i think aceess was denied because the shared folder has username and password.

Are you sayinng, without a computer, it is impossible to upload something from CompactRio directly to a shared folder?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,917 Views)

That's correct - a cRIO cannot connect directly to a network shared drive. There is no way to mount a windows share as a drive on a cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,912 Views)