LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of ModelView Matrix and Projection Matrix

LV2013. Win7

I have a window with a 3D Picture Control, which I've never used before.

The point is not modeling per se; I was hoping to have a quick-n-dirty image as a demo, where the user could attach sensors to this image and manipulate it.  

The user loads a VRML or other Model file, and can zoom and pan and rotate the object in the pic.

When the window closes, I want to save the orientation so that the next time the program starts, I can re-position the object the way the user left it.

IOW, if he turned it upside down and panned to the left, and zoomed in on this particular piece, then that's what gets stored in a file, and that's the way it looks when he opens it up tomorrow.

To do that, I tried reading the ModelView Matrix and Projection Matrix properties, flattening them into a string, and storing that.

I unflatten that when restoring, and set the same properties.

If I restore BOTH of those, the object correctly appears in the same orientation it was left with.   However, the PAN (ctrl-drag) and ZOOM (Shift-drag) tools do not work.  The mouse cursor switches to the pan or zoom cursors, but dragging has no effect.

If I restore only the MODELVIEW matrix, the same thing happens. Except sometimes (sometimes), I can get the PAN tool to work in a limited way: It moves the object only a small fraction of the space that I distance that I move the cursor. ZOOM still does not work.

If I restore only the PROJECTION matrix, the tools still work, but the object starts from a default position, not where I left it.

What am I missing?

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,826 Views)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing up your issue. This actually is something that has been brought to our attention before and there has been several Correction Action Reports filed. Our R&D department has been looking into this but unfortunately at this moment, I don’t have a timeline for the CAR resolution or the work-around.

Best,

Aulia

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,772 Views)