cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of property node to get value from control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All

I know that you should keep the use of local variables to a minimum to avoid race conditions. Is this the same problem if using property node from eg. a numeric control?

The reason I want to do this is to keep wires from crossing when I need to use a control from one side of the diagram in the other side of the diagram..

Basically to make the diagram simple and nice to look at.

Hope this makes sense! 

Have a nice day! 

Kind regards

Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tombech84

Tombech84 wrote: 
[...]Is this the same problem if using property node from eg. a numeric control?[...]

Exactly. It also possibly creates race conditions and should not be used. Using wires to connect the terminals is the only "save" approach.

Additionally, the performance decreases by the following order:

- terminal (+)

- variable (0)

- property node set to value (-)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,724 Views)

Thats why I love this forum; posted the question and 4 minutes later the answer is here:o)

Awesome! 

Thanks for the very quick response Norbert!

Have a nice day! 

Regards

Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,719 Views)
Without seeing your diagram if you are running into issues with crossing wires you might want to consider reorganizing your code. Perhaps a different architecture such as a state machine or a producer/consumer architecture would help to clean things up. If you are looking to use locals or property naodes to cleanup the diagram that is usually a sign that some code cleanup is required.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,704 Views)

Hello

Well the code isn't bad at all, I just wanted to avoid crossing lines in general I think it is ugly 🙂

The reason I asked was just to avoid one line crossing 5 others, so thats all! 

But i appreciate the suggestion!

Regards

Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)