LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW encryption/decryption (Blowfish/AES) algorithm with encryption in other Languages

Hello,

We have a LabVIEW (ver. 2011) application where we need to decrypt the password which is already encrypted by a Java application. We downloaded the Blowfish/AES encryption/decryption examples (Crypto-Tools for LabVIEW 2011) from NI community  (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22585) and were trying to use them for the decrypting the password. But the encrypted string (Blowfish/AES) generated by the Java application is different than the one generated by the LabVIEW application. So even if we use the same encryption method (Blowfish/AES), the LabVIEW and Java applications are generating different encrypted (Cyphered Text) strings so that the decryption in LabVIEW doesn't give the desired result. The encryption basically needs an input string (to be encrypted) and a key, decryption needs the encrypted string and the same key used for encryption.

Does any one have any experience in decrypting a string/password in LabVIEW which was originally encrypted by an application developed in any other platform? Any useful idea would be appreciated...

Thank you...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,689 Views)

I have used an older piece of code to do the Blowfish encryption. I have attached it. Comparing this code with the code you linked provides different results and the two versions of code cannot decrypt what was encrypted by the other. I have never tried decrypting text which was encrypted using another library but it seems that it is not as standard as one might think.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 2
(5,684 Views)