cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm not sure where this should go, I'll start it out here and see where it goes.

I have a problem I haven't been able to work through yet, maybe someone out there has a good idea.  I'm a relative newbie to this, so maybe I can't see the forest for the trees. . . .

A programmer here wrote some code that was to be used on that system and also another tester, both of which will end up in our manufacturing area.  The first setup works good, no problems.  They both have LabVeiw 9SP1 and Test Stand 4.2. 

The problem is: On the 2nd setup, the first time Test Stand goes to run a vi in a sequence, there is a window that pops up that says VI_ANALYZER_GLOBAL_INIT.vi, and appears to be running through a bunch of folders looking for vi files.  This goes on for a couple of minutes, then the window goes away, and everything proceeds normally. 

I've tracked it to Test Stand thinking that when the first vi is run, it needs to use the VI Analyzer to make sure all the vi's are there in that sequence.  We are using a different tool to satisfy that requirement, so I'd like that part of LV not to run and slow everything down.  The few people I've asked for help tell me to re-compile the vi library for the sequence, which is what the first programmer did, and is what's causing my headache.

Is there some option somewhere that I'm not seeing?  I've uninstalled the VI Analyzer software from LabView, but it still runs.  Does LV set something when it compiles the software that tells TestStand it needs to run this analyzer?  If so, how do I "unset" this?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,349 Views)

Hi hammer901,

Were you ever able to successfully recompile your VI library?  You can do this by following the instructions here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/mass_compiling_vis/.

Does the analyzer run when the sequence execution actually reaches the first Labview step in the sequence?  Does this occur when any sequence is run on that machine accessing any VI or is it isolated to sequences accessing that library, and do you see similar behavior when running that VI straight from Labview?  Is your Labview adapter configured to use the Development Environment or the Run Time Engine?

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hammer901

I'm not sure why you're seeing this behavior...that VI doesn't have anything in its call chain that it would need to be searching for in a normal installation.

As a workaround, I do have something you can try...go into LabVIEW 2009\resource\Framework\Providers\VI_Analyzer and rename VI_Analyzer.ini to VI_Analyzer.bak.  This will cause LabVIEW to skip trying to load any of the VI Analyzer provider files on LabVIEW launch.  Let me know if that fixes your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,296 Views)

Hi all,

In a round-about way, I discovered the same thing as mentioned above:  renaming the .ini file kept the vi from loading and slowing everything.  Granted, this is kind of a band-aid, but at least it accomplishes what I set out to do. 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,269 Views)