LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.VIT and Ctrl Val.Set

Not really a question or problem, but more of an observation. I have set input values to template vi's with Ctrl Val. Set method dozens of times. Today I just could not get it to work. Has anyone seen this before? This is the first time I'm doing it in LV2009. Does that have anything to do with it? I switched over to a notifier to get it  to work, which is probably a better idea, anyway. Setting control values with a reference always seemed a little clunky.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,313 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Not really a question or problem, but more of an observation. I have set input values to template vi's with Ctrl Val. Set method dozens of times. Today I just could not get it to work. Has anyone seen this before? This is the first time I'm doing it in LV2009. Does that have anything to do with it? I switched over to a notifier to get it  to work, which is probably a better idea, anyway. Setting control values with a reference always seemed a little clunky.

Not sure about an answer to your question but I have to agree with the notifier way being better because using ctrlVal.Set forces you to use the name of the control. If you change the name of the control, your initialization stops working unless you remember to update the string wired to ctrlval.set method.

While I'm sure this is known, it's worth metioning anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,304 Views)

I can't comment on your observation either (other than to say you probably had a bug), but I suggest you vote for this idea.

(2,291 Views)

@tst wrote:

I can't comment on your observation either (other than to say you probably had a bug), but I suggest you vote for this idea.

Done.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,277 Views)