cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision acquisition software installed but missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I wanted to embed the front panel of my VI in the image captured by my webcam. I read that I should install NI Vision Acquisition Software and that's what I did for the latest version although I have 2022 Q3 Labview because I used it in my MSc in 2022. It seems that the Vision and motion functions are missing. I have only IMAQ session in controls. I tried to install it again but for 2022 Q3 version and package manager said "nothing to be performed". Is there any possibility to make it or as having student license it's impossible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(239 Views)

The Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) and Vision Development Module (VDM) are both included with the Academic License.  I don't recall if either is included in the Professional License, otherwise they each have separate licenses.  You need the VDM to manipulate images and the VAS to acquire them from cameras.

You may have "installed, but unlicensed" software.  You can open the NI License Manager to check this out.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(224 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

You may have "installed, but unlicensed" software.  You can open the NI License Manager to check this out.

No, the absence of the license will not remove Vision from the Palette, instead of that attempt to call any function with missing license will return license error.

In general its a common "issue" if LabVIEW was installed after Vision, then attempt to install already installed Vision to add Vision Support to LabVIEW where it missed will give an "error" nothing to be performed.

It is necessary to uninstall (Remove) Vision before re-installation:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 14.32.03.png

After installation the support will be added to all supported LabVIEW versions:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 14.38.36.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(208 Views)

In general its a common "issue" if LabVIEW was installed after Vision

No, Labview was installed more than a year ago. Vision was today. Do I still need to uninstall something? Maybe the problem is that I used the same serial number to activate the package as a previous time I installed another package a few months ago?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(166 Views)

bitsandscience_0-1715015406529.png

It's licensed. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(164 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bob_Schor

You are missing the Vision Development Module.

Vision Licenses.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(139 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bitsandscience

Ok, I thought for my application I only needed the first one. I'll install the other one and tell you if it works 😉

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(117 Views)