LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage-Continuous Input VI

Using the "Voltage-Continuous Input" VI with Labview 2012, we have been experiencing the VI stop by itself after 1 second with the Sample Rate and Samples per Loop both set on 100.  This happens on an intermittent basis, so it is impossible to predict when it will occur, and it is very annoying when it happens during a test, causing us to loose data until it can be restarted.  What could possibly be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,514 Views)

PSIALong,

Would you mind posting your code or at least a screenshot that includes the section that has the Voltage-Continuous Input.VI? I couldn't find Voltage-Continuous Input on my palette so I'm wondering if you used an Express VI or if this is a custom subVI.

*Edit* Sorry I posted from another account. I reposted from my personal account so I could monitor responses.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,503 Views)

Snippett of example :

1!.PNG

My eye initially spotted the Logging mode control with no coersion dot but the ring does not contain "Log(15844)" and the documentation clarifies why (Kudos to the developer!)

There is one drawback I do see though.  Samples per loop is not on the root BD so if run is pressed with default values then the sample rate and Samples per loop are changed to 100 the sample rate will still be 1000 and the loop would need to iterate at 10x speed.  This might be enough to cause a buffer overflow on a heavilly loaded CPU.

So, PSIALong.  can you elaborate on any errors you are getting, changes you may have made and other settings you are using?  Also what hardware are you using?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,499 Views)

We are using a 9215 Voltage Module in a 9191 Chassis; however, we communicate back to the laptop using an ethernet cable - not wirelessly.

Attached is a screen shot of the VI we are using.

Thanks for your interest and help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,464 Views)

We are using a 9215 Voltage Module in a 9191 Chassis; however, we communicate back to the laptop using an ethernet cable - not wirelessly.

The only changes we have made to the base VI are to specify the input for the 9215 module and to change the Sample Rate, Actual Sample Rate, and Samples per Loop to 100. 

The glitch we are experiencing is that the VI stops by itself after 1 second - without the stop button being clicked.  This has happened several times, but it is totally random.

Attached is a screen shot of the VI we are using.

Thanks for your interest and help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,460 Views)

You could just post the VI.  Set the front panel defaults when you do.

Are you getting any errors?  What are these errors?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,457 Views)

The glitch we are experiencing is that the VI stops by itself after 1 second - without the stop button being clicked.  This has happened several times, but it is totally random.

Well there are only two ways to stop: Press "Stop" and Error.Status=True.  Probe the error wire.

Also, post a screenshot of te MAX network settings for the chassis.  A png would be better than word documents

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,449 Views)

I used a "pre-made" VI included with the software, and I don't know where "Error Status = True" comes into play in the VI or how to probe the "error wire".  Can you elaborate on this method of stopping the VI?  I'm a "newbie" to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,414 Views)

the greenish wire is an error cluster that contains status <Boolean> code <I32> and source<String>  it provides information about unexpected conditions.

your while loop will stop if an error is encountered because of the OR

Probes allow you to see values on wires while the code is running.  to create one select the wire right click and select "probe" from the menu

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,404 Views)

Hello, have you solved your problem? I am using the same vi and had the same issue. many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,040 Views)