LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was trying to download the Yaskawa Motoman Robotics Library via VIPM, Error message says could not connect to VI Server and to add localhost to allowed addresses. Did that, still does not work

Was trying to download the Yaskawa Motoman Robotics Library  via VIPM,
Error message says could not connect to VI Server and to add localhost to allowed addresses.
Did that, still does not work
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,263 Views)

Hello Microhertz,

This appears to be a problem with VIPM and not with the Yaskawa Motoman toolkit. I was able to install that toolkit without issue. It seems that the problem is more specifically related with VIPM trying to connect with LabVIEW and is not related to the toolkit per se.

Maybe, this link from JKI is helpful: http://support.jki.net/entries/21447601-Resolving-issues-with-VIPM-connecting-to-LabVIEW

You might also browse the JKI forums:  http://support.jki.net/forums

Camilo Triana
Account Manager
National Instruments
camilo.triana@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,222 Views)

It works now!

I updated the VIPM- Program.

Old one says "Release Notes: version 1.1.3 -- January 2013 Bugs fixed: - corrupted .vip package prevented from successful installation in certain cases."

and fixed the entries in VI server (I accidently had the "*" replaced by "localhost", think both are required )

Thanks

Now I am faced with another challange:

The LabVIEW programm communicates via Ethernet.  I have an old ENC controller without Ethernet. I would either have to generate +- 6V to drive the servos, or hack into the pendant.

Does anyone have the pendant interface info or schematics?  Or other info how to interface to the controller?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,203 Views)

Hi Microhertz,

First of all, in order to help you the best, I will need to know exactly what ENC hardware are you using? Also it will be helpful to know how did you interface your old ENC controller without Ethernet to your computer?

Camilo Triana
Account Manager
National Instruments
camilo.triana@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,158 Views)

The ENC is a controller cabinet for the Motoman robot.  It consists of Yaskawa proprietary computing electronics from the 90's.

A computer was never attached to the system.

Some online information suggest that it can communicate with a PC via a serial connection.  But I cannot find any serial interface.

I want to bypass the old electronics and run the robot on a PC with LabVIEW software.  And I want to implement a vision system.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,129 Views)

Without a seriall interface it will be difficult to communicate with the computer and LabVIEW. How do you plan on getting around that?

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,101 Views)

I could drive the servos directly. 

They take the voltage range from -6V to +6V.  But that requires six D/A converters (capable of generating negative and positive voltages) for the six axes.

And the processing of the six angle encoders.

Can be done but is lots of work.

I was hoping for an easier solution.

Do not have the schematics for the robot arm and controls.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,082 Views)
How is your problem related to LabVIEW? You need to find a controller with a serial/Ethernet port or get enough DAQ devices and you already know this. If you get the DAQ devices, you can get help here but until then, I'm unsure why you are posting.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,071 Views)