LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform patten recognition in LabVIEW

Hi everyone
As far i am doing a project called "NILM based power analyzer using LabVIEW + My RIO" in the university. Here i am measure current and voltage using sensor in a single phase AC line. The main object of my analyzer is to identify the loads which are connected to a single phase AC line. Imagine i have a  multi plug which can connect 4 loads at once. I am measuring voltage and current going to that multiplug. The method i am going to use is firstly i let user to on the any loads. i introduce a button for that. user should turn on that button and turn the connected load separately. Then my system will capture some characteristics of that load such as peak current, average current and power that load gets and give some tolerance like 3%. Like that i stored the load characteristics individually.  I let user to plug different loads (in my case, up to 4 loads) and then system will store the characteristics of that 4 loads separately. So after the training the system will have all the data i mentioned. Now assume no loads are connected and system have data of 4 loads and whenever that any load is connected from that 4 loads, system should identify that which load is connected. As an example if load 3 is turned on by user, the system should know load 3 is now turned on by comparing the Realtime data (current, power) with the loads characteristics table data which system stored. I have done all the storing part using LabVIEW. Now i want to compare the real time data with table. For now I check current value is in range of each loads and I check if the power is in rage of any loads. If any condition is true the led bulb (indication for each loads like bulb 1, bulb2, bulb 3, bulb 4 for 4 loads) will turned on. But i want to check as NILM does to check the power different. Imagine that when load 1 is turned on the power will rise to 400W - 450W. so the power gap is that much. I want to mainly check that if that gap is occur in real time power graph( 0 watt to 400W - 450W ) to turn the led 1on. every second or something system should check the power gap. if the power gap is equal to any load the bulb should turn on until that gap is gone. I think you have a idea. can you help me please?

I think it is like pattern recognition problem. I need to compare the real-time power consumption pattern with the stored characteristics of each load. Does LabVIEW have waveform recognition VI which can use for this case. 

If this is a power graph of load 1, I need to check if that kind of pattern occur in the real time power graph.

Gappiya_1-1711730157877.png

This is my VI.

Sorry for the long question and omissions. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(153 Views)