LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does -1073807252 serial port error code mean?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again,

Here i have a screenshot of my program. I've probed the solution of Robert but it give any result.

Can you see my program and say pleace but I'm doing wrong?

Error -1073807252 occurred at VISA Read in Interfaz2.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF006C) An overrun error occurred during transfer. A character was not read from the hardware before the next character arrived.

I transfer and receive data continually without TermChar but each string, both of reception and transmission, is compound for two header bytes.

Can you help me pleace? I must solve this problem...

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,482 Views)

any idea pleace?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,437 Views)

Hi,

It looks to me like your are trying to read and write serial data at the same time inside your while loop.  In my programs I have used an event structure to separate my serial reads and writes using a periodic trigger.  I trigger my reads based on data being available at the serial port by using a property node to get the Bytes at Port.  I check for data every 5 Hz.  

I send out data for a serial write when I have data and I use a 5 Hz timer to trigger this event as well.  If there is no data, I do nothing, otherwise I send out the data.

Can you send me your email address and I can send you some example code to illustrate this?  You don't have to trigger these things as I did, but it might work better if you separate your reads and writes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,431 Views)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

I have the same problem inclusively using only a program to read data in a while loop.

My email address is electrich@gmail.com

Here there is a foto for this program.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,426 Views)