LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does error code -200479 mean?

Hello, I got an error #-200479 while running my program. I am not able to find this number in the range of labview errors. What does this error mean and how may I fix it?

I have an application that reads three strain values from three full bridges. I created a task in MAX and used the device calibration to perform offset nulling. I have this task in a while loop, wired to a play daqmx and then a read daqmx. This program correctly computes once and then I get an error -200479 when the program is in its second loop. If I move the daq task and the play daqmx outside the while loop, the program runs smoothly in the first iteration but then I get error -200279 in the second iteration.

Another problem: I use the strain readings and convert it to load so that I know how much load I am applying to my machine. After using the device calibration in MAX, my strain values from channels 0 and 1 converted to load show minimal load at no loading but channel 2 does not appear to have been nulled. Do you have any suggestions for this?  

Thanks
Jena
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,749 Views)
If you read the description, it told you that you cannot do the operation while running.  You Start the task, but don't stop it.  So the start has to be out of the while loop.

The other error also tells you what is going on.  You have a buffer the measurements are going in.  If you take too much time between measurements, you get this error which indicates data was lost.  If you must have those dialog boxes, you may want to change from continuous acquisition to fixed acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,742 Views)
Hi Jena,

Matthew is correct in regards to his statements about your start being inside the loop and why you are receiving the error -200479.  Error -200479 means "Specified operation cannot be performed while the task is running."

In regards to your second problem, it might be due to how you calibrated the device (whether using the self-calibrate or manually calibrating the device).  You might try recalibrating and seeing if you can manually null out the load value on channel two.  Another way to resolve this problem is to apply a different custom scale to just the second channel.  This can be done by creating multiple channels for one task each with their own custom scale.  I've provide a picture below that explains how to implement this feature.

I hope this helps,
Paul C.

Message Edited by Paul C. on 10-05-2007 02:05 PM

Message 3 of 3
(6,713 Views)