LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "new file path" of the Write To Spreadsheet File.vi do? I need a better explaination than what is given.

Solved!
Go to solution

Looking for some help.

What does "new file path" of the Write To Spreadsheet File.vi do?  I need a better explaination than what is given.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
(2,735 Views)
What's not clear to you? If you wired a path to the VI then that returns the same path. If the input path was left blank then the VI will display a dialog asking you for the file to write. In this case that terminal will be the path that was chosen.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author howzz

You can call this function without wiring a file path input.  If this is the case, the function will prompt the user for the input file using a file dialog pop-up.  If a file is selected and the OK button is pressed, this is the file path that is output from the function as the new file path.  If the cancel button is pressed instead of OK, the "not a path" constant is the new file path output.  If the function is called with a file path input wired, the dialog does not pop up and the same file path input becomes the new file path output.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 5
(2,731 Views)
Let's see if I have this right.  What ever I name the "file path" or select if I don't have a "file path" is going to be passed through the vi to the output "new file path".
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,727 Views)

howzz wrote:
Let's see if I have this right.  What ever I name the "file path" or select if I don't have a "file path" is going to be passed through the vi to the output "new file path".

Yes.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,723 Views)