LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I hook up to my DAQ system I don't get any valves back just 145 fluctuating up and down, but not an actual change in temp. Is something not configured right?

It's seems that the nothing on the system is giving my back accurate data, I must be missing, something in the setup. All that read is 145 when I go to test it, that's with it in a bottle of cold water. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using SCXI1102B MOD with a TBX 1314 Accessory..

Thanks In advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,639 Views)

nwilliams,

1. What DAQ device are you sending the conditioned data to?

2. I'm guessing you are using a thermocouple, what type of thermocouple is it?

3. I don't see the TBX 1314, did you mean a different TBX connector such as the 1303

or did you mean the SCXI-1314?

Regards,

Danny Funk

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,614 Views)

SCXI 1102 hooked to my DAQ system and a TBX 1303 accessory, sorry about that, it's hooked to a PXI-1011 Chassis. I'm using a K type thermal couple . I just get a reading of 145 or 143 changing slightly, but not reflecting temperature change.

Thanks

-Nate

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,603 Views)

Open thermocouple detection?. The value seems low though.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,600 Views)

Psst... did you remove the current loop resistor? Smiley Surprised

Nice BA you put me right on it! I think....

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,595 Views)

None of my inputs seem to be giving accurate data that changes when the temp or pressure change, in my process. Is it a configuration thing i'm missing?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,589 Views)

How are you wired to the thermocouple? 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,584 Views)

Posting VI's will help us narrow it down to hardware or software configuration.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,578 Views)

I don't know about your gear, but I've had that kind of reading when I hook up the inputs as differential and then try to read as RSE. Or visa versa. Might look at that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,576 Views)

Ok so I'm able to get good value out of my thermal couple, I set them all up Some how the global tasks weren't set up anymore so i'm getting good values at the device explorer, but when I open my VI, and go to the test part in the DAQ assistant, The value that shows up is just what is being read on the first thermal couple, even though I have four thermal couples hooked up, and they are all reading different values. Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,557 Views)