LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the library "niwd4c"

Hello,

I have just formatted my RT target (NI 9068), and re-installed all the software based on a build profile. 

When I try to deploy that build, I get this error:

Deploying Watchdog Open.vi

Watchdog Open.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library niwd4c.*:tNIWatchdogFactory_reserve_noCleanupProc:C . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

Don't recall seeing this error when I first installed the software, and I can find next to nothing about this library.

Can I download it somewhere, or is there another fix for this?

Hopefully,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,929 Views)

Tobias,

Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\NI-Watchdog.  There should be sub-folders inside this folder, and in those sub-folders there should be DLL files that have niwd4c as part of the file name.  If these are missing, then you didn't install something when you installed LabVIEW.  If they are present, then look on your RT system in ni-rt\system, where you should see the niwd4c.dll file.  Again, if it is missing, then you need to install some software on your RT system.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,913 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Has anyone solved it?

What do I need to install this library?

Hopefully,

Yazik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,711 Views)

Bob got it right, just follow his lead.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,676 Views)

It's extremely difficult to tell you what you forgot to install on your RT system!  I can only tell you that on mine, I have niwd4c.dll on c:\ni-rt\system.

When you look at the software installed on your RT system (with MAX), do you see NI-Watchdog?  If you do not, then this might be part of the problem.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,647 Views)