LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which control of which palette was used to create a FP object?

Solved!
Go to solution

You generally can’t change things like the number of functional sub parts or what behavior they have, such as casing, button, light on a button, etc. Some of those such as the light on a button or the boolean text have for instance click through function, meaning they can be on top of a button and you can still click it through that. How many such sub parts an object has (eg. 4 state or 6 state) is also part of the C code implementing the control. The only people who can change that are the LabVIEW programmers with access to the LabVIEW source code. Other aspects of parts are defined by flags and attributes in the part header. Most of that can only be changed by special editors that NI has. Some can be changed by menu options that can be enabled with special ini file keys. However these menu’s are not only not documented, meaning nobody outside NI knows how they specifically work, and they are not polished and wrong use of them may and easily does crash your LabVIEW, or eat your hard drive or worse.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(78 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Y_

Thank you all for attempts to help. 

Andrey_Dmitriev - special thanks, I didn't know about this tool.

After some efforts I found answer to my question.

The property Style ID returns I32 value (the property is available if scripting is turned on). Meaning of the value can be deciphered using  information from the menu ring found at input style of New VI Object node (palette VI scripting).

(26 Views)