From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Data directory contain class folders and VIs?

When I build my installation package and distribute it onto another system the Data directory contains folders for each class in my project along with VIs (see attached JPG).  Why aren't these VI's built into the EXE?  If I delete them my application doesn't work.  I really don't want to distribute these files.  Is there any way to build these into the EXE?

Thanks
David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,532 Views)
Did you mark the VI as dynamic in the source setting and have it point to the executable as its destination?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,519 Views)
If I do that I'm unable to build an EXE.  I keep getting build errors.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,509 Views)
What kind of build area are you getting. I have been doing this for quite awhile. By the way, did you add the VI to the source?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,503 Views)
I was wondering the same thing.  If you read through this post

this issue is one of the items discussed.

Message 5 of 6
(2,492 Views)

Thanks for the link.  That's exactly the same problem I've been having for months, right down to the error messages.  I had spent considerable time a couple months ago working with an NI support person without any luck.  I just recently figured out how I could get it to build by just playing with different permutations. 

It sounds like I'm stuck with the Data directory and the class VIs for the time being though.  Bummer!

I really appreciate the quick response though!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,482 Views)