LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the number of sample cannot = -1, for USRP implementation under labview ? Thank you

Dear friends, 

My question is very simple, 

why the number of sample cannot be = -1?  but the context help says very clear that it can be = -1.  

My first try was on my project, it was not working. Then I tried on NI in built example. it give me exactly the same error. Please check the picture below. All I did is just change the number of sample = -1.  Can someone please try this on your usrp, and help me?  Thank you!  

* I need to make it as -1, because it could help me about the overflow issue I am having now.   lets assume I cannot change the IQ rate and loop speed is already the fastest I can have.  

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,931 Views)

Hi sunson29,

One thing to note is that setting the samples to -1 is meant to be used for finite acquisitions as is stated in our documentation, not continuous acquisitions, as this example is configured to perform. 

That said, I have found a reported issue though where if you execute an initial read and then read the remaining samples by setting the read to -1 that you will experience error -1074118654 regardless of how many samples you initially read.  I'm going to see if there is a known workaround for this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,888 Views)