LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windoes reports a NIMax error and closes the application when i try to open MAX

Windoes reports a NIMax error and closes the application when i try to open MAX. It was fine just a couple of months before and i do not know why. I need to access the VIlogger for using my USB-6009 module.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,301 Views)
What is the error that you see? When does it appear? What version of MAX are we talking about? What operating system?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Dear Mike, thanks for helping me... Attached is the screen-shot. It appears each time when i try to open MAX from Labview console or from 'VI Logger in MAX' shortcut. The MAX version is 4.0.3. Windows XP.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,292 Views)
It sounds like something got trashed pretty badly. The first thing I would try is reinstalling, but MAX is up to version 4.2 now so I would go to NI's website and download the latest versions of all the drivers that you use (DAQmx, etc) as the updated drivers install they will install the updated MAX.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,285 Views)

Dear Mike, I actually have downloaded the DAQmx8.5 (include MAX4.2, and all other programs) and tried to install... However each time when i presses the 'install software' from the main manu, the program crashed!

Is there any firewall concern? Or, how can i run the installation program? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,281 Views)
I wouldn't think this was a firewall problem - they tend to be better behaved than this. Before installing the new drivers, uninstall all the driver software, restart your computer and then attempt the install. If this doesn't work, uninstall all NI software - including LV - run a register cleaner like CCleaner, restart and reinstall everything. It THIS doesn't work, it's time to be talking to NI directly.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,279 Views)
Thanks... i uninstalled / reinstalled the whole package, and the MAX+VILogger are now working fine! Cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,270 Views)