LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows NFC USB reader

Helló everyone!

I ám a New with labview, and I ám trying tó reád some RFIDs with Windows nfc USB reader. 

I have managed to See the reader with Visa driver wizard But after starting tó create VI i ám nőt éven able tó configure any communication with the reader. Not éven have anything in the resource name. (nőt éven an option poping up) can anyone help please? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(491 Views)

Hi SomoD,

@SomoD wrote:

Helló everyone!

I ám a New with labview, and I ám trying tó reád some RFIDs with Windows nfc USB reader. 

I have managed to See the reader with Visa driver wizard But after starting tó create VI i ám nőt éven able tó configure any communication with the reader. Not éven have anything in the resource name. (nőt éven an option poping up) can anyone help please? 

You seem to like all those accents even in English text...

Which kind of NFC reader?

Do you have a (programming) manual for your hardware?

Does the manufacturer supply any driver software (API) to access the hardware?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(443 Views)

VISA driver wizard is most likely your first error. This lets you create a VISA USB resource that interfaces to the device on very low level directly on the USB stack. Great if you have experience with it and know exactly what USB endpoints, interrupts, bulk transfers and other such nice things are. And you need a document about the low level USB protocol for your device. Most device manufacturers rather would let their hands get chopped off than giving such a document to anyone without letting them sign a NDA in which you have to sacrifice your first born in case you tell anybody about their precious secrets.

So your task is to find an NFC reader that installs itself as virtual COM port (with or without the help of a driver that the manufacturer provides) or less preferable, has a documented custom DLL that you can interface to from LabVIEW with the Call Library Node. Trying to directly communicate on USB raw level is wrought with so many trouble that you do not want to try that nowadays anymore. It was a nice idea when NI-VISA was introduced almost 30 years ago but the reality has made this part of NI-VISA pretty much obsolete!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(413 Views)