LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a simple todo list

I was unable to find a "todo list" that I was satisfied with... so I wrote one. 

The idea is you just wire it in line with your code and write a constant to it with a todo note.  Wire it with "exit" command during program cleanup, and it will create a "todo.txt" in the directory of any project you have open.  If no projects are open it will prompt you with todo dialogue.  I plan on posting it to community, but thought I would get opinions and things to revise first.

Edit: Oh, to be clear I realize that the entire list won't be populated each run.  If that section of code doesn't get called, it won't fill it out.  That having been said, it will still tell me what vis have todo in it, and specificially the todo list will populate with the areas I'm working on at any given time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,624 Views)

Can you downsave it to 2012?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,610 Views)

Sure. Here it is in 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,608 Views)

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  I currently use Outlook Tasks for my todo list. Smiley Frustrated

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,596 Views)

In the "Add todo" case, you have the True/False cases backwards.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,587 Views)

So I did. Thank you. Here is a fixed version. After having used it a bit, I'm not convinced this is the right solution.  As it turns out the "not populating in the list if the code isn't accessed during run" is kind of annoying.  I just don't have a better solution...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,551 Views)

Hey,

here is something for you..... nice feature in LV -> bookmarks.

Bookmarks.PNG

Regards,

CMW

Message 7 of 17
(3,537 Views)

I...  uh....  I had no idea that existed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,525 Views)

Smiley Mad Not in 2012 Smiley Mad

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,518 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

I...  uh....  I had no idea that existed.

Yeah they even made it so you could write your own bookmark managers and on start pick which one.  The idea I guess is you can take the same information and represent it in a different way.  Or potentially interact with other task/project tracking programs.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,517 Views)